Wednesday 11 May 2011

Classic Romance

You make me want to do the whole Scarlett and Rhett thing
Be a silver screen goddess, smoky eyes and dreamy sighs
To live in an era where passion flamed and loved sustained
Oh to just be swept away... gone with wind as they say.

The intrigue, the drama - i would love it all
To love, knowing you would catch me if and when I fall
Counting down the days till I see you again
Running down that staircase as I hear you call.

Love is more colourful when you are around
We'd probably turn that black-and-white screen into a rainbow
My cheeks would be stained, my red lips bruised
And then you would leave me with that familiar glow...

So maybe we would steam up that screen a little
Maybe we would break the rules
Maybe they would expose us for what we are...
A crazy couple of lovesick fools.

It would all be worth it
To be your classic romance
To be your ever-after love
With whom you'll forever and always dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment